Courses, Books and Workshops
Our resources are divided into the following sections:
All children are different and so as an educator working with children, you need as much information as you can to know how to cater to recognize learning styles and abilities. It is imperative that you stay up to date with the latest information and how that relates to finding solutions to challenging circumstances while celebrating the victories.
Diana loves pulling from the latest research, applying it to everyday challenges and igniting educators with a passion for providing the optimum learning environment through increased knowledge and skills.
Insights into Autism is the experience, knowledge and skills of over 30 years working with neurodivergent children. It is packed with not only explanations but also strategies that anyone can use without specialized equipment or expense.
This practical guide, including 21 chapters and nearly 300 pages, is backed by scientific studies (simply explained so anyone can understand) and inside you will find information you may not find elsewhere. Inside you will discover:
- Overwhelm – where to begin?
- What is Autism
- Why is my child worse since the pandemic?
- Psychological and Neurobiological Effects of COVID-19
- Cognitive, Behavioral & Moral Flexibility
- The Prefrontal Cortex and Behavior
- The Triad of Learning – Auditory
- The Brain Needs Variety
- The Brain is Built to Look for Patterns
- Our Biggest Toxic Threat
- Strategies to Build Aural Skills
- Seeking and Avoiding Behaviors
- Sensory Processing and Integration
- Strategies to Strengthen the Vestibular System
- Three Way Rocking
- Stimming and Other Repetitive Behaviors
- Retained Primitive Reflexes
- Processing Sound: It’s Role in a Variety of Challenges with Autism
- Why is Speech Often as Issue?
- That’s a Wrap
We have a range of courses that we are adding to all the time. These are video and text based with a workbook to help guide you through.
Please note: Our training platform is through our sister site Building Brain Connections so any receipts will be in that name.
Foundational training on how our brain interprets auditory information. 6 lessons, videos and downloads.
Module 2 comprising of 6 lessons in video and text format, 7 downloadable resources and activities